DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Jack and the Beanstalk:
by Leanne Guenther
The beanstalk paper towel roll craft goes really well with the Jack TP Roll craft!
- a paper towel roll (extra long TP roll),
- something to colour with
- a piece of paper for the printer,
- green construction paper.
- Glue a green piece of construction paper around the paper towel roll.
- Print out the template of choice.
- Color the pieces if using the B&W version. Give the kids the chance to be creative and let them use their favorite tools -- colored pencils, crayons, markers, pastels or paints.
Whatever inspires them today.
- Carefully cut out the craft templates. This may require some adult assistance for some of the tougher pieces.
- Glue the leaves from the template onto the paper towel roll with the
leaves facing downward and the colored side facing the stem.
Optional: Cut out the leaves from green construction paper. They should
be shaped like a heart with a rectangle coming out of the top. It is faster
if you fold the paper a few times and then cut half of the heart shape out
on the folded side, so that when you unfold the pieces they look like the
whole leaf shape.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Printable version of this instruction page