DLTK's Educational Activities
CURIOUS GEORGE BOOKMARKS
Print these "home-made" bookmarks for a special reading companion.
To add that extra bit of motivation, print out a bookmark for your child, your friend or yourself as a reward for reading a certain number of stories.
Even if you have a colour printer, you may prefer the black and white version which the kids can colour in themselves...
- crayons or something else to color with (for b&w print version)
- clear contact paper
- Click on the link of your choice (below) to print the template. Color as appropriate.
- Cut the bookmark out (one big rectangle) and fold in half
(left to right) along the center line.
- Glue so it stays folded together.
- OPTIONAL: cover with clear contact paper so it lasts
longer (you could also put a piece of cardboard in the center before gluing for a sturdier
- OPTIONAL: Poke a hole in the top of the bookmark and tie a string/wool through as a tassle.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this
- Sometimes it may say "No pages available to print".
- This happens with some browsers and means that you've printed or print previewed once already.
- If you get this message, hit RELOAD/REFRESH on your browser and click print again.