DLTK's Educational Crafts
Robbie the Rectangle Shapes Buddy
Robbie the Rectangle is an easy paper craft to help young children learn about rectangles. See if you can count how many there are in the craft.
We also have a basic rectangle craft if you prefer something simpler.
- something to color with (crayons, paint, markers, etc)
- print template of choice.
- cut out the template pieces. This may require adult assistance. If you
have a beginning user of scissors, let them cut out the easy (large) pieces
(like the head and body) while you cut out the harder ones (neck and ears).
- glue the pieces together.
- Glue the arms and legs onto the body (the largest rectangle)
- Glue the neck onto the top of the body
- Glue the head onto the top of the neck
- Glue the ears onto the sides of the head
- If you get stuck, use the small image at the top of this page to give you an idea of how it goes together.
- If you are working with a large group of children, you may wish to
pre-make an example Robbie Rectangle to display during craft time.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).