DLTK's Educational Crafts
Pumpkin Shapes Craft
by Leanne Guenther
This pumpkin is an easy paper craft to help young children learn
about shapes. See if you can count how many different shapes there are in the craft.
- OPTIONAL: something to color with (crayons, paint, markers, etc)
- Print template of choice.
- Cut out the template pieces. This may require adult assistance. You can leave the large circle uncut or cut it out as you prefer.
- Glue the pieces together.
- Glue the square (stem) to the top of the circle (pumpkin).
- Glue one triangle (nose) into the center of the circle (pumpkin)
- Glue two triangles (eyes) above the nose.
- Glue the long, narrow rectangle (mouth) below the nose.
- If you are working with a large group of children, you may wish to
pre-make an example to display during craft time.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Printable version of this instruction page