DLTK's Educational Crafts
Lighthouse Rectangles Craft
This lighthouse is an easy paper craft to help young children learn about rectangles. See if you can count how many there are in the craft.
- something to color with (crayons, paint, markers, etc)
- print template of choice.
- cut out the template pieces. This may require adult assistance. If you have a beginning user of scissors, let them cut out the easy (large) pieces while you cut out the harder ones.
- glue the pieces together.
- Glue the door to the bottom of the largest rectangle.
- Glue the three equal sized rectangles about equal distance above the door so your lighthouse has stripes.
- Glue the long, narrow rectangle at the top of the lighthouse.
- Glue the medium sized, nearly square rectangle on top of that.
- Glue the smaller, narrow rectangle on top of that
- Add the rectangle window (the one with the light inside
- If you get stuck, use the small image to give you an idea of how it goes together.
- If you are working with a large group of children, you may wish to pre-make an example to display during craft time.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).