DLTK's Educational Crafts
Cera the Circle Shapes Buddy
by Leanne Guenther
(en español) (en
Cera the Circle is an easy paper craft to help young children learn
about circles. See if you can count how many circles there are in
We also have a basic circle craft if you prefer something simpler.
You can make this craft a bit simpler, by only using the first two
Templates or you can go all out and use all four.
- something to color with (crayons, paint, markers, etc)
- CD Rom
- print template of choice.
- You can mix and match the color and B&W Templates to save yourself
- The 3rd template (the body) lends itself especially well to printing
out the B&W version on colored construction paper.
- cut out the template pieces. This may require adult assistance. If you
have a beginning user of scissors, let them cut out the easy pieces (like the
head and body) while you cut out the harder ones.
- glue the pieces together.
- If you get stuck, use the small image at the top of this page to give
you an idea of how it goes together.
- If you are working with a large group of children, you may wish to
pre-make an example Cera to display during craft time.
- to turn this into a CD rom craft, only use Templates 1 and 2. Glue the
circle from template 1 onto the CD rom and put the remainder of the craft
together as directed above.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Template 1: Head, Face and Jewelry
Template 2: Hair
Template 3: Body
Template 4: Arms, Legs & Purse
Template 1 (alternate):
necklace circles need to be cut out individually
this takes longer but reinforces the circle shape
Printable version of this instruction page