DLTK's Educational Activities - Fairy Tales
Sleeping Beauty Toilet Paper Roll Craft
by Leanne Guenther
This is a cute and simple color, cut and paste craft that children can make using a toilet paper roll as a base to give it a three dimensional effect.
- a toilet paper roll or cardboard tube,
- something to colour with,
- a piece of paper
- Print out the template of choice -- template 2 is optional
- Color the pieces if using the B&W version. Give the kids the chance to be creative and let them use their favorite tools -- colored pencils, crayons, markers, pastels or paints.
Whatever inspires them today.
- Carefully cut out the craft templates. This may require some adult assistance for some of the tougher pieces.
- Glue the large rectangular piece around the toilet paper tube.
- If using template 2 (the skirt), form it into a cone and slide it over the
toilet paper roll at this time. You can use a bit of glue around the
"belt area" to hold it on, but I usually just let it sit on
- Glue the belt around the center of the toilet paper roll.
- Glue Sleeping Beauty's head onto the top of the toilet paper roll.
- Glue the arms on the side.
- Glue the feet onto the bottom of the toilet paper roll, bending the tabs to make a 3D effect.
- Glue the spindle into one of the hands.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Printable version of this instruction page