DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Witch Toilet Paper Roll Craft
by Leanne Guenther
The ocean witch, from the fairy tale The Little Mermaid, is a simple color,
cut and paste craft that children can make using a toilet paper roll as a base to give it a
three dimensional effect.
- a toilet paper roll or cardboard tube,
- something to colour with,
- a piece of paper
- Print out the template of choice.
- Color the pieces if using the B&W version. Give the kids the chance to be creative and let them use their favorite tools -- colored pencils, crayons, markers, pastels or paints.
Whatever inspires them today.
- Carefully cut out the craft templates. This may require some adult assistance for some of the tougher pieces.
- Glue the large rectangular piece around the toilet paper tube.
It won't completely cover the tube -- trim the tube to make it shorter.
- Glue the witch's head and body onto the top of the toilet paper roll.
- Glue the eight legs around the toilet paper roll so they are nicely
- Glue the bottle into one of the hands.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Printable version of this instruction page