DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Jack Toilet Paper Roll Craft
by Leanne Guenther
Jack, from the nursery rhyme Jack and Jill, is a cute and simple color,
cut and paste craft that children can make using a toilet paper roll as a base to give it a
three dimensional effect.
- a toilet paper roll or cardboard tube,
- something to colour with
- a piece of paper
- Print out the template of choice.
- Color the pieces if using the B&W version. Give the kids the chance to be creative and let them use their favorite tools -- colored pencils, crayons, markers, pastels or paints.
Whatever inspires them today.
- Carefully cut out the craft templates. This may require some adult assistance for some of the tougher pieces.
- Glue the large rectangular piece around the toilet paper tube.
- Glue the smaller rectangular piece around the bottom of the toilet paper
roll as pants.
- Glue the head onto the top of the toilet paper roll.
- Glue the arms on the side.
- Glue the feet onto the bottom of the toilet paper roll, bending the tabs to make a
- Glue the pail into one of the hands.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).