DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Dickory 'Round the Clock Paper Plate Craft
Use the Templates provided or use paint and markers to create your own.
- paper plate
- brass tab ("brass brad")
- sharp pencil or nail
- optional: paint, paintbrush and markers
- hole punch
- printer and paper
- something to color with (if using the B&W Templates)
- optional: glue and thin cardboard (old cereal boxes work well) or poster board -- makes the Templates that go around the paper plate a bit sturdier
- Optional: Paint the "bottom" of your paper plate: your paper plate has the side you'd eat from and the side you'd place on the table -- the bottom is the side you'd place on the table -- use whatever color or technique you like (we like sponge painting). This is going to be the face of your clock.
- let dry
- poke a hole in the center of the plate with a nail or sharp pencil (adult assistance)
- print out the template(s) of choice.
- Optional: glue the mouse template page and the arrows for the clock onto thin cardboard (old cereal boxes or poster board, for example) to make your creation sturdier
- use the hole punch to punch a hole in the bottom of the template rectangle
- Color (B&W version) and cut out the Templates
- use the hole punch to punch a hole in the bottom of the arrows from the clock template
- push the brass brad through the paper plate the arrows and the mouse -- the mouse should be behind the clock, the arrows should be on the front.
- glue (or print with a marker) the numbers onto the clock
- orbit your mouse around your clock!
Printing the Template:
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).