DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Little Bo Peep Mobile
I love mobiles... I really should make more of them because we have so much fun when we do them.
I wish the photo had turned out better... The mobile looks really cute when it's done (the sheep have cotton on them). Unfortunately, I'm a much better crafter than I am a photographer *laugh*
- hole punch
- string, ribbon or wool
- OPTIONAL: cotton balls
- something to color with (optional)
- paper towel roll (not a toilet paper roll) or a gift wrap tube cut to about 1/2
- I did the directions assuming you would use a paper towel roll for your template. However!
- you can make a criss cross mobile like we did on the car mobile in
the public site
- assuming you're using the paper towel roll, you'll also need a piece of construction paper or poster/tempra paint to cover the tube PLUS sparkle glue, stickers, or markers to decorate further.
I like the paper towel roll mobiles better than the criss cross ones because they can hang nicely from either the ceiling OR up against the wall.
- Decorate the cardboard tube -- you can do this by gluing or taping a piece of construction paper around it (like we did) and then decorating with stickers, sparkle glue or markers. OR you can paint the tube with poster/tempra paint. (remember, you can use a plastic coat hanger or make a criss cross mobile instead)
- While your tube is drying...
- Print out the template of choice. Let the kids decide how many sheep they want on their mobile (just make sure you have time to make them all *laugh*)
- Color the Templates as necessary.
- It's much easier if you fold the template in half and glue it together BEFORE you cut it out. At least that's what we find.
- OPTIONAL: For the sheep, glue a cotton ball onto each side of their body.
- Poke a hole in the top of the template, thread a string through and tie (in a loop) around the cardboard tube.
- Thread a string all the way through the roll and tie the ends together so you can hang your mobile on the wall or from the ceiling.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).