DLTK's Educational Crafts for Kids
Grandpa Gray (Grey) Colors Buddy
Grandpa Grey (or Grandpa Gray depending on where you live) is an easy paper craft to help young children learn about the color gray.
- something to color with (crayons, paint, markers, etc)
- print template of choice.
- Cut out the template pieces. This may require adult assistance.
- glue the pieces together.
- If you get stuck, use the small image at the top of this page to give you an idea of how it goes together.
- Note that for this color buddy, the smile is part of the tree trunk template, not a separate piece you glue on.
- If you are working with a large group of children, you may wish to pre-make an example to display during craft time.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).