DLTK's Educational Activities
Viewer Bulletin Board Ideas
<Return to school/daycare
bulletin board suggestions>
For an April themed bulletin board:
- Use a blue background.
- Make a grass fringe using green paper at the bottom and cut the fringe
or just make it wavy.
- Also make a taller green shrub that is wavy and would actually look as
though it goes off the side of the board.
- Add three fluffy clouds using batting or white paper and tint the bottom
with a gray color if you like.
- Place the words, "April showers bring May flowers" below the clouds.
Have children make coffee filter flowers as follows:
- Color coffee filters with large washable markers.
- Spray with water then dry.
- Pull the dried filter from the center to make a flower and wrap with
green chenille, leaving some for the stem.
flower craft ideas.)
Staple these onto the bulletin board with stems behind the fringed grass
and some onto the bush you created.
This board idea could stay up April and May if you like or the children
could give their flowers to someone special on May1st.